This 60-hour hybrid program will give you all the necessary information and training that you will need to successfully pass the written and oral exam components of the two national interpreter accreditation bodies: CCHI (Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters) and NBCMI (National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters). Classes will include training in the following:
- Understanding of Medical Terminology in English.
- Medical Specialties.
- Medical Interpreter Ethics
- Roles of the Medical Interpreter
- Cultural Competence
- Interpreter Standards of Practice
- Legislation and Regulations
You will have access to all your study materials and learning resources for six (6) months.