Part 1 of our Worker's Compensation Series
Freelance interpreters can't afford to miss this important webinar!
Statistically speaking, most work-related injuries occur in construction sites. These accidents may involve power tools, machinery, electrical equipment, and many other types of hazardous objects that are readily available in job sites.
This 3-hour webinar guided by an experienced Civil Engineer will explain the most common tools and equipment that are present in commercial and residential construction sites, how these can present an eminent danger to those who are exposed to them, and other common work-related risks. Terminology will be explained, and English equivalences will be rendered.
This webinar is specifically geared for court and medical interpreters that need this technical terminology to effectively help LEPs, that are involved in worker’s compensation cases, in medical appointments, depositions, court hearings, and others.
Location: Online (Live Instructor-led webinar)
Date: Saturday July 20, 2019
Time: 9:00am to 12:00pm (Pacific Time)
(includes recording, materials & certificate of completion)
Continuing Education Approved by:
3 CEUs for American Translators Association, CCHI, WA DSHS,
O.3 CEUs for NBCMI, & 3 CEUs for these State Courts:
Colorado, Florida (3.6), Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, & Wisconsin
Pending: California,Texas, and others
Ingeniero José Vicente Arboleda Ayerbe
* MBA – EAE Business School (Barcelona, Spain)
* MA in Construction Engineering – Polytechnic University of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain)
* Civil Engineer – Pontifical Xavierian University (Cali, Colombia)
Édgar Hidalgo García
* BA Translation & Interpretation Studies (CSULB)
* MA Spanish (CSUF)
* California State Certified Court & Medical Interpreter
* Former Instructor Legal Interpretation (CalState Fullerton)
* Instructor Legal Interpretation (University of California, Riverside)